Dealing with Difficult People
Location: Andover or In-House
Price: From £200 +VAT
Duration: 1 Day
Conflict can arise in all shapes and forms within business and personal life. This workshop gives you the tools to deal with conflict successfully and highlights areas where you need to improve.
You will get the opportunity to use your new skills in a safe environment.
This workshop is recommended for anyone who wants to learn essential tips and techniques on how to become more confident and professional when dealing with difficult and challenging people.
- Why conflict can arise at work?
- Four different conflict styles of behaviour (competing, collaborating, avoiding, accommodating)
- What is your preferred conflict resolution style and how can you adapt it? (using the Thomas Kilmann conflict model)
- Communication skills that help deal effectively with difficult people (paraphrasing to avoid assumptions or misunderstandings, using feedback, listening and questioning skills to get the true perception of the situation, show confidence and gain control)
- Patterns of difficult behaviour
- Difficult non-verbal communication
- Practical ways to deal with difficult people
- Dealing in fact and behaviour, not emotion
- Positive language and a positive approach to influence outcomes
Wiser Academy, Andover: £200 +VAT
In-House: £500 +VAT